Terms and Conditions
Crown Guild of Master Woodcarvers(Western) Ltd, the Seller, offers quotations and markets its products subject to the following terms and conditions which cannot be varied accept in writing be a Partner.
- All UK prices include V.A.T. at the current rate ruling at the time of delivery.
- We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices of products appearing on the website and brochures are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. Although we aim to keep the website and brochures as up to date as possible, the information including product descriptions and prices appearing on the website and brochures at a particular time maybe subject to change without notice.
- Prices shown are for the supply of the item only. All applicable sales taxes, import duties, customs charges and carriage fees are the responsibility of the purchaser. (Non UK customers only.)
- Prices shown are for the item only and do not include soft furnishings at upholstery unless stated otherwise. Upholstery can be done and a price is given upon request.
- Where specific delivery dates have been agreed the Seller will make every effort to honour them. However, the availability of the right materials can be beyond our control and therefore time cannot be of the essence in a contract.
- Should delivery be requested outside of normal working hours, any additional cost incurred will be passed on to the Customer.
- It is the responsibility of the Customer to provide easy access to the delivery point and to notify the Seller in advance of any specific problems.
- The average lead-time to make an item is 12-14 weeks for Mahogany orders & 14-16 weeks on Oak orders, from placing of order plus the carriage time from our English workshops to your home.
- When we are installing wall paneling in a room we require the room to be cleared as much as possible for the wall paneling to be fitted. Please note that we do not undertaken any building, electrical or plumbing work and this must be done before we arrive to fit the panelling.
- The Customer will be deemed to have accepted the goods as delivered unless they notify the Seller of any cause of dissatisfaction at the point of delivery.
- SPECIAL COMMISSIONS
All items ordered from our ‘Guild Range’, as depicted in the current printed catalogue or on the website, are subject to our money back guarantee. At point of delivery or collection, if for any reason the customer is not entirely happy with their purchase they may be exchanged for a full refund. Subject to the goods being undamaged or unused.
In the unlikely event that a customer is dissatisfied with a Special Commissioned Order, we reserve the right not to offer a monetary refund. Instead we will rectify any point that is unsatisfactory or ultimately provide a complete replacement of similar item.
- PRESENTATION OF FINISHED GOODS
- Because the Seller’s products are made from natural materials exact replication of a specification cannot be guaranteed. Natural marks and inherent imperfections are frequently retained. Due to the hand carved nature of our products all items are unique and may differ from the illustrations shown. Made from solid mahogany or oak, using techniques handed down through the centuries, your furniture, with care, will last for generations. The prices shown are for stained and waxed polished finishes unless otherwise stated. Customers should not expect a highly varnished, French polished finished unless specifically requested. This can be quoted for on an individual basis.
- Whilst every effort will be made to maintain and match our high standards of production, reasonable allowance must be made for any superficial difference in the finish.
- As we use only 100% natural hardwood timbers to make our products, some movement in the timber should be accepted and is perfectly normal. This can take the form of cracking and contraction or expansion of the timber, as the item adjusts to its new environment. In most situations, say season to season, the change is not noticeable and our construction methods allow for slight movement without cause for concern. Avoid direct sunlight or sources of heat and excessively high or low humidity.
- Reclaimed timber is used where possible.
- THIRD PARTY LIABILITY
The Seller shall be under no liability in respect of any damage or loss to third parties caused either directly by the performance of any contracts or goods supplied and the Customer should at all times indemnify the Seller against such loss or damage.
- FORCE MAJEURE
The performance of all contracts is subject to variation or cancellation by the Seller owing to act for God, war, strike, lockouts or any other industrial action, fire, flood, drought, tempest, insect or fungicide attack or any other cause beyond the control of the Seller or owing to any inability by the Seller to produce materials or articles required for the performance of the contracts and the Seller shall not be held responsible for any inability to deliver caused by any such contingency.
Your furniture has been traditionally sealed and waxed giving natural protection from most liquids. It does not however have a modern heat / water resistant coating as we consider the resultant lack in depth of colour and loss of subtlety of finish to be ‘too high a price to pay’. Treat with care… use insulated table mats and coasters.
On a day to day basis, use a soft cloth to dust. Occasionally you may want to remove sticky finger marks and food spillage with a slightly dampened cloth followed by a dry soft cloth to ‘buff up’. In due course, you can maintain and build the finish with good quality furniture wax. Apply wax sparingly using a soft cloth in a circular motion, leave to dry then buff with a soft cloth. Daily use and occasional will, with passage of time, add greatly to the appearance and appeal of your furniture.